Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The title of this blog is taken from the quotation “My way of joking is to tell the truth. It's the funniest joke in the world.” by George Bernard Shaw, John Bull's Other Island. The quote encapsulates my view and attitude on life which are honesty and humor.I have found that my favorite kind of humor is one where I want to laugh, yet have to restrain myself because it is tragic and absurd and real. I have a very self-deprecating sense of humor and sometime it masks insecurities, but overall, it reflects my acknowledgement that I am not perfect and the World is absurd. I don't use the word 'absurd' in a negative way, but to mean 'that which baffles.'

I joke often, but sometime, the joke is on me and I think that's what life is about.

3 comments:

  1. The title of the blog is "The Funniest Joke In The World" and it's from the quote by Shaw so... The funniest joke = the truth = honesty = goal of this blog to publish my thoughts on a public forum with all its nuance and idiosyncrasies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!!!!!!! I think your way of joking is very similar to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Becky!:)))) yes, they are similar, which is why I feel so comfortable joking around you because you know not to take it seriously/be offended. thanks for your support with this blog :D

    ReplyDelete